Academic Life at ICS London
ICS London delivers the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme, a challenging and stimulating curriculum for 3-19 year-olds that, upon graduation with the IB Diploma, equips students with a globally-recognised qualification.
Universities in the UK, USA and more than 100 other countries accept the IB, many requiring a pass mark of 24 or 26 – comfortably below ICS London's average student score of 34.
From a child's first steps into the world of education, all the way through to higher education, ICS London delivers a best-in-class learning experience, with results to match.
All ICS London students are taught according to our fundamental principles of achievement, inclusion, compassion, safety and global engagement. Our younger students, aged 3-11, study a curriculum built on sound educational principles and up-to-date research on how children learn.
Based on the Primary Wyndham Place site, PYP students pursue six 'units of inquiry' each year, providing context for their core areas of study:
Specific features of the MYP include:
- A focus on key and related concepts, looking at how different subjects connect and interrelate
- A global context promoting multilingualism, intercultural understanding and global engagement
- Approaches to Teaching and Learning (ATL), giving students the skills they need to help manage their own learning
- Action and Service, an element which teaches through student participation in local and global communities
- A Personal Project, in which students in the final year of the MYP produce a self-directed piece of work to demonstrate the depth and breadth of their learning
Explore how the MYP programme can is tailored to students at ICS London.
Highly respected by universities around the world, the 2-year IBDP covers six subject groups and a 'core', which comprises:
- The Theory of Knowledge (TOK)
- An extended essay
It is not necessary for students to have completed either the PYP or MYP to take the IB Diploma Programme.
Find out more about the Diploma Programme and the core and elective subjects.
The International Baccalaureate Learner Profile
IB learners across the world strive to be: