London's position as the world's leading financial and business hubs is one the city has enjoyed for hundreds of years; the capital of the United Kingdom is a truly global city for the 21st century.
Combined with some of the best museums and cultural venues in the world, London provides plenty of opportunities for those with curious minds to explore, challenge and become inspired.
And as one of the centres of the business world, studying in London offers students an ideal chance to explore the endless opportunities in business or the creative industries.
Being positioned in a global centre of international trade and industry, students at ICS London benefit from incredible opportunities to get to know the world of business at a deeper level. These may include:
- Taking part in special events such as the London International Model United Nations.
Another of London’s many strengths lies in its cultural and creative communities. The city plays host to many of the world’s finest museums, design, media and arts companies, and through ICS students are able to benefit from unprecedented access to leading organisations in these fields, such as:
- Visits to renowned performing arts venues such as The Globe.
- Seeing and understanding art exhibitions at the TATE Modern.
- Learning about the history of design at the Design Museum.
- Participating in workshops at museums and galleries such as the Science Museum, National Portrait Gallery, Museum of London, Transport Museum and many more.
- Visits to local places of interest including the Little Angel Theatre, Euston Fire Station and Divergent Drama.
- Expanding cultural understanding and awareness with visits to the Central London Mosque, Sikh Gurdwara, Neasden Temple, Buddhist Temple and St. Mary's Church.
From the National Gallery to the Albert Hall, and from the Old Vic to Westminster, London also features some of the world's most renowned theatres, galleries and music venues, as well as many historically significant locations. Students of all ages at ICS London benefit from regular accompanied trips around the city to experience these places for themselves.
We highly recommend that all Londoners – whether full or part-time – take advantage of the wealth of cultural treasures available throughout the year. Parents are guardians are welcome to join us on these trips, so if you'd like to come on the next one please let us know.