At ICS, we prepare our students for the future by embracing an exciting array of digital technologies and experiences. Technology, the internet and research from neuroscience have changed the way in which students learn, gather information, interact with data and each other and how they think.
As a consequence, it is our responsibility to ensure that we are constantly reviewing our strategies, teaching and environment so that we can effectively prepare our students for life beyond school.
As a result, all students can access their school work and feedback on any device, wherever they are. Asides from improving efficiency and organisation, it gives them the important experience of working in a digital environment which is more akin to what they will face at university and in the workplace once they leave ICS.
As part of this approach all primary school students will be given a 1:1 Apple iPad tablet to use in school. The secondary school is a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environment.
Our Cloud-based platforms and resources, provide teacher-curated content, accessible to students 24/7, including:
- Course outlines (MYP and DP)
- Homework and links to handouts, multimedia, audio resources etc
- Assessed work
- Grades as they develop by criteria
- Extension work
- Digital textbooks via Kognity (Diploma)
- Past examination papers and mark schemes (MYP and DP)
- Tests that can be taken and automatically marked
- Portfolios of work (PYP, MYP and DP)
- Online library resources including Questia which consists of 90,000 + books and millions of quality and curated academic resources (DP) and Encyclopaedia Britannica which offers articles and multimedia content on a vast array of topics, with content aimed at all ages and English abilities (MYP and DP).
- Online Diploma courses