Diploma Programme (IBDP)
Study for Your IB Diploma with Europe's IB World School Group
Our ICS London teaching teams have extensive experience in delivering the International Baccalaureate Diploma, a comprehensive education programme taught in more than 150 countries across the globe.
ICS London students are taught to thrive in a world that is rapidly changing and they excel in their studies, with exceptional results that allow our graduates to accept offers from the world´s top universities.
Our younger students also flourish within the IB, achieving excellent results and developing strong values and ambitions. Importantly, it is not necessary for students wishing to study for the IB Diploma to have completed the Primary Years Programme or Middle Years Programme.
Take a look at the 10 Reasons Why the IBDP is the ideal preparation for university.
Research shows that graduates from IB programmes, when compared to other academic qualifications at the age of 16-19, generally benefit from:
- A better choice of university
- A wider breadth of subject knowledge than other pre-university programmes
- Advanced critical thinking and independent learning skills
- A healthy and globally-minded worldview
We believe that our innovative approach to education inspires each and every student to discover their strengths within a community of future leaders.
Through the DP core, students reflect on the nature of knowledge, complete independent research and undertake a project that often involves community service. The International Baccalaureate (IB) assesses student work as direct evidence of achievement against the stated goals of the DP courses.
Research shows that the IB Diploma develops students who:
- Have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
- Flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- Study at least two languages
- Excel in traditional academic subjects
- Explore the nature of knowledge through the programme´s unique Theory of Knowledge course.
A choice of courses
IB Diploma students follow a broad range of subjects over the two years of the programme, but can at the same time specialise in those subject areas of greatest interest to them.
Full IB Diploma candidates study six subjects, three at higher level and three at standard level, along with the additional core requirements.
See what courses are available during the IB Diploma Programme.