School Re-opening Preparations
Mr. Rod Jackson, Head of School, has said "Looking forward to the 2020/21 school year and beyond, ICS London is committed to do everything it can to reopen the school as we believe doing so is in the best interest of our students."
Mr. Jackson continued "We are planning to re-open the Primary and Secondary School in August 2020, but we may need to close them again with very little warning. This means ICS must be prepared to move flexibly and rapidly between different learning models designed to fit a variety of circumstances and drivers."
This Roadmap (download it here) is guided by five principles:
- To prioritise student, faculty, and staff health, safety, and wellbeing over all other considerations, going above and beyond the government safety protocols;
- To ensure that whatever mode of learning we are using onsite or offsite, we maintain the high standards of academic rigour, pastoral care and personal development which are central to our approach;
- To ensure hygiene and health related policies are research-based, clearly communicated, effectively implemented, and diligently enforced;
- To promote practices and policies to reduce risk of virus transmission and support our capacity to be responsive and agile when facing changing health circumstances and
- To act in accordance with the ICS London mission and core values: “Our innovative approach to education inspires each and every student to discover their strengths within a community of future leaders.” and with the Globeducate mission: “We prepare each student to become a global citizen who can shape the world.”