School Re-opening Preparations
Mr. David Laird, Head of School, has said "We are looking forward to reopening the school again on Monday 8th March and welcoming our students back on campus. At ICS London we are committed to doing everything right to reopen the school again as we believe doing so is in the best interest of our students."
Mr. David Laird continued "The ICS London Roadmap for Reopening is guided by the assumption that ICS London needs to be able to respond quickly to circumstances in our own school community as well as to conditions in London, the UK and beyond.
Even as we plan to reopen our campuses again on the 8th March, we hope that we won't need to close again for the remainder of this academic year; however we may need to close them again with very little advance warning.
This means ICS London must be prepared to move flexibly and rapidly between different learning models designed to fit a variety of circumstances and drivers".
This Roadmap (download it here) is guided by five principles:
- To prioritise student, faculty, and staff health, safety, and wellbeing over all other considerations, going above and beyond the government safety protocols;
- To ensure that whatever mode of learning we are using onsite or offsite, we maintain the high standards of academic rigour, pastoral care and personal development which are central to our approach;
- To ensure hygiene and health related policies are research-based, clearly communicated, effectively implemented, and diligently enforced;
- To promote practices and policies to reduce risk of virus transmission and support our capacity to be responsive and agile when facing changing health circumstances and
- To act in accordance with the ICS London mission and core values: “Our innovative approach to education inspires each and every student to discover their strengths within a community of future leaders.” and with the Globeducate mission: “We prepare each student to become a global citizen who can shape the world.”