If you’ve spoken to an ICS primary student recently you have likely heard the buzz about the 3Rs. What exactly are the 3Rs?
And how do they help ICS to be an inclusive community of compassionate and inspired world citizens?
The 3Rs are our Positive Behavioural Interventions and Support (PBIS) system. PBIS is a research based approach to social emotional development and behaviour management. It focuses on the expected and positive actions of our students and staff. Our staff reward students for following expected levels of behaviour.
What are the 3Rs?
- Respect ourselves by being knowledgeable, reflective, well-balanced, risk-takers, thinkers, and inquirers
- Respect others by being open-minded, principled, caring, communicators
- Respect the environment by being caring, knowledgeable, thinkers who take responsibility for what we have and share
So why are the 3Rs so important to our school?
Effective PBIS systems increase social emotional well-being for both students and staff members. As a result students spend more time learning. This leads to better grades and an increase in positive behaviour.
Why we chose the 3Rs:
- to develop our mission
- to reflect the IB learner profile
- for staff members and students to reflect on what the 3Rs mean for them
- for staff members and students to model 3Rs behaviours for our students
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
Student Support Coordinator and Assistant Principal